diver.net

Re: Chamber Day obmination

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Meagher on June 10, 2009 at 09:11:54:

In Reply to: Chamber Day obmination posted by Denny Crane on June 10, 2009 at 08:46:09:

Wow.. I must say.. I give you "kudos" for stating your point clearly. Good for you.

I do not know Mr. Kurtis personally, so as given that I will stay away from making any comments on those topics.

But... you are 100% correct in your statement that it is the DIVE BOATS that are the ones that are in effect making the financial donation, its not the divers.

Yes, I would love to hear what "Catalina Express" would say if they were approaced to donate trips for 100s of divers, and to include food, air. They have a lot to gain.. many a diver dive out of Avalon or around there.

Yes.. you are also right, that "in general" to to make a general characterization.. that most divers in the So. Cal diving world are indeed "cheap". They will spend many $1000's of dollars on gear... and training.. but most (not all) but many of them tend to balk at slight price changes in a charter boats price.. or many of them forget to "tip" the crews or divemasters.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to