diver.net

What's it going to take?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 08, 2009 at 14:46:56:

This years North Coast Party was an absolute success. The spot we picked at Albion River Campground worked out great, the conditions were stellar, the food was over the top, and the conveniences of the place really made it nice. The fog was in and it did tend to get a little damp and cold at timkes but nothing that I considered downright miserable.

So my question is, after 10 years of doing this party and offering a first class invitation and tour of our northern waters how come more of you down in Socal have not taken us up on our offer? Is there some sort of stigma or myth about the north that scares most people away or what? I'd like to know.
I sure wish more of you would come up here and check it out sometime. I mean, what's it going to take? Most people can get a few weeks off a year for vacations, why not spend some of it on the beautiful North Coast. We're only talking about a few days.
If I lived somewhere else and someone offered a personal introduction to the Mendocino coast I wouold be on it in a heartbeat.
Both Jon Davies and now Ross have decided to get brave and cruise on up to dive the horrendous waters of Norcal. Hey Ross, tell them about the washing machine we dove in (yeah right!)
80 foot vis and flat as a lake, yeah, horrible conditions.
Sheer walls, drop offs, pinnacles, caverns, lots of life, it sucks.

I guess maybe I'm taking it a little personal. I get the feeling nobody cares and people are just blowing it off as a bunch of BS. Please tell me it isn't so.

My buddy and I are planning next years event. Same place, same group of sites, but we'd like to get more, many more.
We have plans to make it better and better each year.

I'll let everyone know way in advanced.
Please consider coming up for the next one. It's a beautiful place.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to