diver.net

Re: hallibug--You have got to be kidding!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on September 27, 2011 at 21:12:30:

In Reply to: hallibug--You have got to be kidding! posted by Brad on September 27, 2011 at 16:24:52:

Nah. I never said I agreed with him. I just said that personal attacks are not allowed on the board. We've been through that
before.
In a way, Halibug is right. The commercial fishers have far greater impact than is sustainable. Sport fishers are just
caught up in it.
Halibug, please don't talk about "corrupt scientists". You are repeating lies fostered by people only interested in short term
profits. There is huge money involved and used to misdirect people worse than the tobacco companies ever did. There are
things that are not known still, but the evidence is overwhelming. When predictions come true as they have, the
science is most likely correct.
As for global warming, myself, I just hope it's not as bad as it is likely to be. I have hope, and believe it or not, I am
doing what I can just as I devotedly as I have ever hunted. Right now though, this battle is for hearts and minds. Do not
attack people like Halibug. That is the method of those that want things to stay the same at any cost, starting with the
cost of truth. Attacking is their strategy and they are better at it. Until a new path, a new strategy can be shown, you are
not offering him anything of value. He is just following conservative instincts and conservatism is a fundemental of
survival. When he feels that his survival is overwhelmingly threatened or when he feels that there is another way to
survive, he will change. I hope it is the latter and not the former.
I see another path.
Regards, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to