Re: It beats the alternative

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dwill on March 18, 2005 at 15:32:34:

In Reply to: It beats the alternative posted by Elaine on March 18, 2005 at 08:56:16:

"jon" lines, it you use one that is not clipped to you and the anchor line it's not all that bad.

If you get on with a loop at the end that you can slide you wrist into, if you need to get loose you simply shake it off of you wrist.

The problem is that some people think it's good to clip in to the up line and then clip the "jon" line to their harness and "fly" in the current. That's not IMO a very bright thing to do.

I don't use a "jon" line execpt on a couple of occasions on the Doria, there I tied in with my spool and simply slipped my finger through the hole in the middle of it.

I think I have some video of the cluster on the upline during deco from the last trip I did there, it's pretty funny to watch, but it's not so funny to have to deal with.

Anyway my point was to give you a heads up that holding on to the anchor line can sometimes get you bent, in the unlikely event that you didn't already know that.

Have fun and keep taking cools pics there great to look at...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]