Re: Servicing regulator

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Newfie on May 10, 2005 at 16:24:16:

In Reply to: Servicing regulator posted by Tony on May 10, 2005 at 15:31:30:

I have a buncha Scuba Pros, Apexs, and Poseidons. Only the 2 8 year old Poseidons need servicing regularly like every 12 to 18 months. The Odin has a real problem developing high pressure seepage when used a lot.
The 4 Scuba Pros are between 5 and 10 years old and need servicing every 2 years or so. Three of them were bought used. I just did one of the used ones, a MK25 and G250 combo, last summer.
The 3 Apexes need it every four years. In fact I just did mine last March for the first time.
My old Voit that's 20 something years old has only been serviced twice itself and it still breathes like new.
I think you can get away with 3 to 4 years between services. I started to rebuild my own regs last year. It's something to consider when you own many regulators. Getting the parts can be tough some times. This is really true when trying to get Scuba Pro parts. I am lucky that I have a friend from out of the US who get's them and ships them to me when I need them.
Cleaning your regs correctly after diving is very important. Just soaking them with a cap in place in fresh water isn't good enough.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]