Getting Hyperbaric Medical Help

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on June 20, 2005 at 23:02:24:

A little while ago there was a discussion of how to reach the proper folks to get medical help in a suspected DCS injury. I have been working too much and therefore saw the thread too late to get into it and besides, it devolved into nasty name calling. So I am bringing the discussion back up and suggesting a solution that is downright useful.

The Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber sells a nifty "dog tag" that has the chamber logo on one side and has the emergency numbers for Southern California on the other side. These are good looking and functional. They can be worn as jewelry (they come with a stainless steel neck-chain), work as key rings, or can be attached to gear bags. They had them at Chamber Evening, along with other cool items for sale, and I strongly suggest that people support the chamber and buy these -- and carry them in case they ever need the numbers! I forget the exact price, but it was modest and the profits from the sale go to the chamber. It should be the fashion du jour on our local dive boats!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]