Re: ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's off limits...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SigXBill on August 10, 2000 at 13:12:07:

In Reply to: Re: ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! posted by seahunt on August 09, 2000 at 15:47:48:

Seahunt,

You may not be aware, but there are many caves in Florida that have been grated off so no one can dive them. No one can dive them because idiots, uncertified for the overhead environments which they entered, exercised their right to dive and went in there and died.

'Let me give you a little warning. I promise you that if you don't follow certification limits (especially when it comes to oe), you will soon find bigger fish than you implementing regulations that regulate what you think you are completely qualified to do.'

Bottom line, to minimize the likelyhood of an accident while diving inside the Yukon, divers should poses an appropriate OE cert and follow the rules they learned while earning that cert. Also, use of a nitrox cert is ideal for this dive. Following these guidlines will help ensure my right to dive the Yukon indefinately.

Being the Champion of Ignorance may have it's place in protesting certs such as boat diver, but ignorance has no place in advanced environments.

Regards,

Bill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]