How do you handle it?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on February 26, 2001 at 16:53:23:

In Reply to: Nitrox and the *legal liability issue* posted by MHK on February 26, 2001 at 15:34:32:

I do not have any course stuff here at the office today, but I seem to remember that the primary DM role in supervising tech divers was largely to ensure that non-tech divers did not accvidentally get the wrong tank (It seems that this was a test question?). I dive a plain looking tank that may or may not have nitrox in it. I doubt that anyone else is going to try to use it as it is attached to my BC as soon as I get onto the boat. How do you handle this type of situation? Do you look at tank stickers and c-cards for geezer gas or just "visit" with the divers to see what they are up to?

How do you feel about a totally non-tech DM supervising technical divers? For a recreational diver, I might test to see that their air is on before they make the plunge, but I would NEVER do the same for a Tech diver (I won't touch their valves). Also it would conceivably change the supervision role dramatically. What do you do differently if anything when supervising tech versus rec?

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]