Re: Immortal Diver?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on April 16, 2001 at 16:31:37:

In Reply to: Re: Immortal Diver? posted by MHK on April 16, 2001 at 09:41:52:

>>you engage in a type of diving that challenges that prevailing recommended diving philosophies
No, it just challenges DIR diving methodology. Actually, with a computer, my diving profiles have been very easy to manage. It's
DIR that likes to do things the hard way.
I concluded, without any help from you, that DIR does have a methodology.
I never said that I thought it was any good. My methodology has worked excellently over 30 years and
near 3000 dives.

>>... discussion about advanced theory
Post another story about someone doing something that stupid again and I will feel quite qualified to tell you how stupid it was.

>>But if some were to listen to you they would believe that DIR doesn't apply out here
Another one of your usual factual blow it's. I never said or hinted that. The Moody illustrates well what I have said though.
Dives in CA, like the Moody, that do require methods more advanced than sport diving, such as DIR, are few and far between and
must be intentionally looked for. Most diving in CA does not require advanced deco techniques. Pretty much, only if you are
looking for places to practice advanced techniques, are they required.
Really, DIR has a niche, it's just that you claim that it is the only way. It is just one way and that is all.

>>But if some were to listen to you they would believe that DIR doesn't apply out here.
I think parts of DIR apply a lot of places, just your brand of aggressive fanaticism is repugnant anywhere.

>>Fortunately no one listens to you...
Oh... Are you trying to hurt my feelings...

Gads am I glad Lent is over.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]