Is it possible that you are really this stupid???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 03, 2001 at 17:24:45:

In Reply to: Include him. He's a jerk. posted by seahunt on May 03, 2001 at 17:10:56:

Posted by seahunt on May 03, 2001 at 17:10:56:

I'm still waiting for you to quote or site the advice I gave for diving the Moody...

Seahunt responds to a newbie about diving one of the most dangerous wrecks in SoCal at 150' on air..

Use a 100 or even 120.

Wrong piece of advise #1,

Correct advise would be use doubles...

I don't care if you wear a wetsuit

Second piece of bad advise....

How about using a drysuit in case he get's cold but winds up in deco???? What would Seahunt do if he got cold but had one of those really long hangs he had at Gordo Banks??? I guess thinking the problem through before it happens is too much to ask...

and for me, for that dive, I'd probably buddy.

Bad piece of advise # 3..

*PROBABLY* as if there is an option... Deep wreck diving, using air with a dive that will render 5 minutes NDL time and likely result in decompression, but Seahunt cavalierly advises that he would *probably* use a buddy.. Way to go...

Just
curious what the dive would be. I never was much
into wrecks though.

Then ask, don't advise...

Did anybody actually put the
depth of the Moody, in feet, yet?

If you don't know why the hell are you talking about the issue much less telling him what tank size he should use??? BTW, any idea what his RMV was before you rendered your analysis????

Then yet again, a bad piece of advise..

Enjoy, seahunt
PS. Oh, I'd probably just use my computer anyway.

For a guy that doesn't want to spend a bunch of time looking at his depth gauge or worrying about profiles, why in the hell would you rely on a computer for a dive that you have know idea how deep it is or what his planned bottom time was????

Did it ever occur to you that most computer go into *lock out* mode when they get into deco???? You would have a guy at 150', on air, probably with a buddy, and no way of knowing how or when it was safe to ascend...

But hey, if you don't think you rendered advise then you are really living in denial....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]