Re: OK, here we go again...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 09, 2001 at 16:55:46:

In Reply to: Re: OK, here we go again... posted by Bill Johnson on May 09, 2001 at 16:27:45:

Bill,

Give me a break.. As far as I know Walker no longer teaches for IANTD.. But that is a very ancillary issue and frankly I don't care what the hell Walker does, I'm not his keeper...

When he's with me, or when I'm with him we dive DIR period, end of sentance..

But don't sidetrack the issue..

Look at the flow of the thread.. This guy wants to dive wrecks 140' - 170' and found an IANTD class that he believes will teacj him how to do that on air..

I'm telling you I could give a sh*t about what standards Tom is posting this week on his website, because IANTD's standards are moving targets, the instructors seem to make them up as they go along and there is no one steering the ship over there...

Instead of splitting hairs I want to ask you some DIRECT questions and I don't want any BS dodging:

1) Do you believe that ANY angency can properly teach someone to dive on 21% 02 and 79% N2???

Yes or No???

2) If yes, How????????

3) Do you acknowledge that until recently ( according to you) IANTD has revised the standards but they did in fact sell deep air to 180 ( or whatever the hell they called the class, advanced deep air or whatever)...

Yes or No???

4) Do you believe a diver is safe on air deeper than 100'???? 130'????? 150'???? 180'?????

Yes or no...

I'm sick of going back and forth on this BS, answer the questions and let's go from there...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]