NDL limits without using a computer...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 18, 2001 at 13:39:53:

Seahunt has, once again, introduced the theory that we have failed to adequately explained to address the issue. Despite numerous posts, countless explanations he doesn't get it.. I'll try one more time to demonstrate how VERY easily this can be done..

My only caveat is that I want to make sure everyone understands that you can NOT learn how to dive on the internet and that I would encourage anyone that still has a fundamental problem with this very BASIC stuff to look up John Walker [ if you are local] and get QUALITY training... Sadly, there are many instructors, stores and agencies that believe that if you buy a computer you don't need to know this stuff..

I propose to demonstrate this method so that anyone, even including Seahunt if he is honest, will understand it.. However, what I request is that Seahunt propose, in graph form, ANY dive that he can dream of.. I don't care if it's sawtooth, I don't care if it's in Catalina, Florida or anywhere in the world...

All I ask is that he show depth and time in a graph form, so we can all follow the dive.... He can go up and dowm like a yo-yo for all I care, or he can spend all the time at depth, or he can do ANY type of multi-level profile he can think of... He can use any gas, he can use air, Nitrox... It doesn't matter....

We hear a lot of noise from the Seahunt camp and despite the fact that he continually promises to write a *brief* description of a safer and more efficent system, we see NOTHING from him except obstructionist and outdated view points...

We have all had enough of he and I flaming each other so my proposal is designed to allow everyone to review the dive Seahunt offers, let me explain how to calculate it in a way that a 3 year old can do in seconds and then let everyone judge for themselves the merits of both sides of the arguement...

So Seahunt, it's up to you... Do you accept????

It's really the only way I could think of to adress cyberdiver's since they talk alot of the NG's, but I rarley see them in water...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]