Re: Nitrox question

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 06, 2001 at 11:34:30:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox question posted by Steve on August 06, 2001 at 11:26:59:

Dive shop myth #1 is that you need dedicated 02 clean tanks for mixes less than 40%..

It's a crock..

I generally 02 clean only my oxygen and my 50% bottles and that nonsense about needing the big NITROX lables is equally as stupid...

I agree 100% with labeling the tanks, marking the tanks and analyzing the tanks.. In fact, I wouldn't get in the water without doing it, but as far as that silly band that advertises that you are diving Nitrox, it's stupid and not necessary, let alone mandatory...

It's just another one of those dive shops legends that just grow out of ignorance.. I was out of town and brought my tanks in to get a 32% fill.. I had a VIP sticker on the tank that clearly punched out that it was 02 cleaned, but I lacked the silly Nitrox banner wrapped around the tank so the 18 year at the fill station wouldn't fill the tank...

Education is the key, and the problem with certain ideas is that they become law for no good reason and you usually find yourself arguing with 18 year olds that have no clue..

I like to use Jim Hoffman at Scuba Toys and Fred, Pat & Jeff at Pacific Wilderness, those guys have it right...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]