Here's a recipe for ya...

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob3 on August 17, 2001 at 04:40:40:

In Reply to: made you hungry huh? posted by CalAbDiver on August 16, 2001 at 18:11:52:

Here's a recipe that's pretty close to what I use. This is from a place in Oregon (they use Razor Clams).
Hope it formats OK. Use yer ab trimmings instead of the clams. You might find yourself sacrificing a few steaks this is so good.
I used 7 large conchs for the batch I just made.
Remember, it's better the second day.

Canyon Way Clam Chowder

serves 8

This is an award winning clam chowder recipe.

2 lb. Russet potatoes, peeled and diced ½"

2 lb. yellow onions, diced

4 C. celery, sliced ¼"

3 garlic cloves, crushed

8 oz. bacon, sliced

1 oz. olive oil

2 - 8 oz. bottles clam juice

2 - 8 oz. cans chopped ocean clams

½ t. thyme

½ t. white pepper

½ t. black pepper

¼ t. kosher salt

1 t. Tabasco sauce

2 bay leaves

4 C. heavy cream

For the Roux:

Melt ½ lb. butter in a sauce pan and whisk in 7 oz. white flour. Over very low heat cook mixture for 10 minutes, stirring often.

In a large stock pot over medium-high heat add the olive oil and bacon and cook until the bacon is almost done. Add the
onions and celery and cook until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Pour in the clam juice
and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until ¾’s done, cooked, but not real soft. Now add the clams and seasonings
and bring back to a boil. Slowly pour in the roux while whisking with a wire whisk, continue whisking until all the lumps
disappear. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Add the heavy cream and whisk thoroughly to incorporate. Ladle into large bowls and

enjoy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]