Re: DIR help??????

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob on August 22, 2001 at 12:18:52:

In Reply to: Re: DIR help?????? posted by MHK on August 22, 2001 at 11:51:21:

Thanks MHK that is a start. I have been diving for 7 years, I have a Nitrox certification an would like to move
on to more advanced diving. I live in San Diego and have been talking with a TDI instuctor down hear who has certified many students
I have talked with some of his students and the one I have talked to are very happy with his instruction and what they have learned.

I must admit that I am leaning toward taking my training with this instructor, I have sat in on a couple of his lectures and tagged along on
two dives with one of his advanced nitrox class, though they were the first two dives for that class so they were no very deep. However there was some very indepth dive
planning done before the dive and lot of post dive *stuff* done like RMV that sort of stuff. All the students (3) in class are going on to Deco and Trimix.
This person really does seem to be a very good and knowledgable instructor, I have heard that he is an x SEAL but he has not told me that, its just a lot of other people
say he is.

I am looking at as many alternatives as I can before making decision. I asked this instructor about DIR/GUE he said he was familiar with the system, but not enough to give me
an opinion on it, other than to say he had no bad thing to say about as a lot of tech diving community seems to and will. I know that he uses some of the DIR system such as breathing off of the long hose, back plates/wings, cannister lights on the left
ect. When I asked why he said that it was a pretty typical configuration that worked and most of it has been around for a long time. He suggested that if I want good information he was most likely not the best person, but that he would help me get it if
I wanted, so I thought I would try here first.

Can you give me some specifics on sklls, training requirement, are there any instructors in the area ect...

JW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]