if you leave gender out of it, then you can cut to the primary issue

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on September 04, 2001 at 20:27:37:

In Reply to: You assume you're better/more experienced diver than them... posted by JRM on September 04, 2001 at 16:22:48:

in your case, did your wife encourage you to take on scuba? if yes, was she confident with your watermanship skills at the outset? if yes, how so? what were her clues?

if no, did you decide to go into scuba on your own? and did she feel any hesitation about your decision, or was she completely confident in your abilities?

i would be inclined to ascertain those watermanship skills myself. and that would at least include one abalone freedive trip, and a pool session with fins, mask, & snorkel including snorkel clearing first.

i have come across a few couples in the PADI classes that i have worked with, where the wife was a diver first. gender issues aside, the primary issue is the same. how does the first diver cope with the need for learning curve by the second?

this gives me pause around the time we read about another diver losing their life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]