YES! The message intended was more, about thought..

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnB on September 13, 2001 at 15:45:37:

In Reply to: Re: Ponies posted by MHK on September 13, 2001 at 14:52:58:

and planning which would have included a full discussion of the unfamiliar gear.
I just wished to again bring up this issue. Many of us for one reason or another let a lot of pre-dive discussion that needs to take place, lapse. Assumptions can be dangerous. So what, if this person has been diving for thirty years or whatever, I don't think they will take offense at anyone asking or telling about pertinant info (nor did he) and a small bit of time on my part imparting information WOULD have been beneficial. My mistake in that case was not having a solid mental or physical checklist of items needed to be discussed before hand. I am trying to encourage that here. There indeed WAS/is a safer way to do THAT!
Kendall also somewhat answered to my other question about ponies but I don't see how it could be more "in" context. Solo diver aside (and no kelp was ever mentioned at all so leave that factor out too. What IS his problem?). I am referring to a person under some water that has a failure of such proportions that may leave their primary source depleted or inoperable. If someone can point out some detriment to a pony bottle, in this sort of scenario, that I have missed I want to know about it!
More REAL info = fewer problems

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]