Re: sounds like the real thing was similar to the subsequent training

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by retrodiver on September 15, 2001 at 00:02:53:

In Reply to: Re: sounds like the real thing was similar to the subsequent training posted by Grunt on September 14, 2001 at 22:53:22:

I had a straight-leg cousin on active duty during the Gulf War, a mortarman. He volunteered to go, but they never used him. I never bothered to call (they didn't need me), but I considered it...for about a minute. I was skeptical about the reasons for being there. Was the price of gas worth it? I suppose it was. In the end, however, we stopped short of our goal and ten years later we still patrol the no-fly zone. All of Saddam's opposition was killed off long ago. Even his sons-in-law.

I blame Colin Powell, Gen. Schwartzkopf, and CNN, for over-estimating the number of casualities of the air-war. They told us we had killed about 100,000 Iraqi soldiers, and the alliance lost it's stomach for war. After the fact we learned the truth. Maybe it was more like 40,000. It was probably less than that. Saddam said he'd get us back for it. I wonder what else he and bin Laden have in store for us next. NBC?

We'll just have to wait and see what happens next, but I'm sure it will be more dissapointment.

All The Way, Sir!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]