Re: If it makes you that sick, maybe you shouldn't dive. (+)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maddiver on December 14, 2001 at 19:49:41:

In Reply to: If it makes you that sick, maybe you shouldn't dive. (+) posted by George Austin on December 14, 2001 at 17:40:54:

Some cards do mean something George, and that is a founding principle of GUE. Failure rates for some gue classes routinuely exceed 35% (thats not inflated) and I know no other agency can show the same. It requires a higher level of performance all around. So that's why its a valuable card. Maybe you are just reading things the wrong way. I read Kevin's post just as he intended, that he was an accomplished diver that was lucky enough to make the decision to take the class even though he thought he didn't need it and it was a lot of hype. I think people have a right and should be proud of accomplishments (after all you sign your post with your NAUI number and you are proud of that). Some accomplishments are more worthy of praise in life and those generally are the ones that require a greater level of difficulty. George good divers are made not born thus I disagree with your first two assertions 'Its not the agency. Its not the instructor.
Its the diver. ' The environment and learning situation a divers gains experience and training in as well as the focus and commitment of the individual diver and instructor, factor into the final ability level and "being a good diver".

Maddiver GUE Tech 3 Diver/PADI Underwater Aquanaut-Habitat diver (my least flashy)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]