Re: One last try.

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on August 21, 2002 at 11:45:41:

In Reply to: Re: One last try. posted by Kendall Raine on August 20, 2002 at 17:26:02:

Diving a rig that's 40 plus pounds negative in the open ocean where the bottom means probable death(example: rigs) and no lead to ditch in order to reverse a free fall is kinda scary to me. Dive as you will as it is a free country and we should be free to make choices but read what you wrote to Capt. Tim. This is somewhat how I feel about the rig you dive. Just substitute my rig for the 50.

Kendall wrote to Capt. Tim:

"You know I have great respect for you, but I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Tribes is suggesting that those in a position of leadership in the dive community excercise the common sense that their experience has afforded them. That includes putting a stop, when they can, to activities that are just plan stupid. Diving the Moody on a 50, if that in fact occured, is just such an activity."

Steve

ps:

I also disagree with your prior statement that dropping your weight belt means death. IMO, this is only true under certain conditions which a vast majority of divers never enter. It could fall off as you said during the deepest part of a dive but there are alternatives (example: weight harness) I wear one. I haven't worn weight belt in three years. With the weight harness you can not accidently loose your lead as with most weight integrated BC's. That's probably one of the reasons why they are popular.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]