Here is some empirical data for you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on August 26, 2002 at 17:00:08:

In Reply to: Re: forgot the additional studies - don't hurt yourself posted by finfan on August 23, 2002 at 10:05:27:

So far you have failed (miserably) at making pollution the scapegoat at ANY of the depleted locations that i mentioned. All you have done is continue to throw out childish insults, while failing to read my replies.

You have not (and cannot) explain why the depleted fish populations coinside EXACTLY with fishing pressure rather than pollution...

If pollution were such a prominent cause of the decline of resident fish populations, why are the populations depresses at locations that do not have a lot of pollution such as Catalina and Anacappa.

You mentioned our vital forage fish, anchoves and sardines. I want you to tell me exactly how pollution can kill 2 million pounds of sardines in one week? Here is a link to the San Pedro fish market:

http://swr.ucsd.edu/fmd/bill/mktsp.htm

pay close attention to the sardine, anchove, mackeral, and squid. That is one heck of a lot of forage leaving our waters and it's NOT due to pollution!!!!!!!!

I can't help but to think that if we didn't kill so many fish, they would better stand the pressures of pollution! (any thoughts?)

But we have appologists who "study" pollution and do sweet nothing about those who are causing the REAL damage to OUR waters.

The pollution problem is virtually intractable, (unless you guys are making some progress, i'd love to hear about it?????) so the best thing we can do for OUR fish populations is to kill less fish----PERIOD!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]