lights

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on November 19, 2002 at 04:31:54:

In Reply to: The Person posted by Capt Strange and Grumpy on November 18, 2002 at 21:06:48:

Over the years i have seen the squid lights (all squid operations use lights) at all the islands one time or another. You can see the glow of the lights from 60nm away. They are extremely powerful and that they disturbe the night time activities of the wildlife is not surprising.

You are correct in assuming that i have a problem with the commercial exploitation of OUR waters. I think that many adjustments are called for. For instance, i believe that the owners of the resource (California residents) should not allow the exportation of their fish. What happens in federal waters is up to the US government, but the disposition of fish in the state waters should be up to the residents. Also, i would like to see lobster be designated to the diver, what the calico bass is to the angler, a recreational specie only.

As far as the Zantu's Murrelet is concerned, the effort to protect them is responsive government (good government!) I hope that their effort succeeds.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]