Re: Because...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rey on February 17, 2003 at 09:10:05:

In Reply to: Re: Because... posted by Alan on February 17, 2003 at 08:52:17:

There's my name, and the store knows who I am by what I wrote. I'll give more specifics. I signed up for a class, but told the shop I would need to make payments on it. I paid 200$ of the balance. I received a job offer out of state and I have to leave. I went in the store to talk to the instructor about my situation, and he told me that I could get my money back. He then started telling me I was "burning" the store by not going through with the class. I then asked him if I could either use the 200 for equipment or a trip, and he said don't bother. Then the owner walked in, the instructor told him what was going on, and he told me I couldn't get my money back. I asked him why not and he told me that the new policy was not to give refunds on classes. The instructor before told me about the policy, but said it did not apply to my account because my account started before the policy - in other words, the no-refund policy was not part of the deal. When I told the owner about this, he asked the instructor about what he said and the instructor denied it (the owner was already upset). We argued as I mentioned before and he cut me a check for 50$. The class wasn't even scheduled yet - and they wouldn't even let me keep the 200$ in their store but use it for something else.

Look, I am not one to complain for no reason. The fact is that some businesses do their customers wrong. This is true for the diving business, as well.

PS - I misstated in my first post that they gave me no money back - they did give me 50$ - so I am out $150.

I hope the shop replies, and I hope they don't do it again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]