Thank You

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on December 20, 2003 at 19:33:15:

In Reply to: Re: Mr. Sonke, if you please posted by Sonke on December 20, 2003 at 18:36:47:

May I wish you the best luck, because it is wishing luck to us all. It will show a new time has come when wild crops are husbanded and preserved. There is no time limit to that.
If you fail, it will hurt us all. It will signal to me a critical failure of the F&G at it's primary mission. Considering the place of squid in the ecology, failure may well signal the beginning of the end.
Can you say any of the specific policies that you plan to use? Are you planning on a dock limit? I think that that is essential. Your alternative is a business model that will almost invariably lead to the disasters of the past. Not that it matters any, but that I won't forgive.
Best of luck and skill, seahunt
PS. Note that the problem you face is the same for all wild crops whether fish, deer or timber. If you let the natural progression of the past continue, basically neolithic hunting practices, you will get the disasterous results of the past. Unrestricted harvesting is almost as bad as a total ban on harvesting. You must go to the middle. There is no alternative.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]