Maybe you have a point

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 17, 2005 at 15:47:50:

In Reply to: Re: Dive report; Palos Verdes posted by Eric S on January 16, 2005 at 20:57:09:

So you are sick of the winds and waves and green and brown and cold.
Let me think about this... Yep, with your boat, I could come up with a couple years of different dive spots along the coast. There are real good ones north and south from Santa Barbara. The Bank at Carpenteria (probably the biggest reef in CA). Those huge reefs (with lousy vis) off Ventura that never seem to get visited. South of there, it gets to be sand for about 15 miles until you get to Malibu area. In between, I bet there are a bunch of small places you could meter that haven't been visited in 10 years. Then from County line to Santa Monica Bay there are reefs including the Canyon and Pinnacles at Point Dume. Almost next to that are the huge reefs of Paradise Cove that go who knows how far off shore. Lots of game there. There is the Santa Monica Bay with about 30 miles of occasional piers, wrecks, small deep reefs, artificial reefs, heck build your own reef. Then you get to Palos Verdes which was once probably the best diving in CA. Past that is the Horseshoe kelp for another 100 square miles of thin, but potential diving. After that is Orange County and Laguna, which has miles of great diving. South of that is the sand of Pendalton, but there are good reefs in there to be found. South of that is where the wide reefs of San Diego County start. They go on near forever and get only light visitors. Then there is San Diego with La Jolla, Point Loma and Wreck Alley. Better than the diving even, is the chance to really explore.
Since these are all good diving that would be easy to get to in your boat and are probably divable 250 days of the year, well yah, maybe I see your point, but the diving is still better up there. :)
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]