Re: Advice on Beach Diving Regulator

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on January 19, 2005 at 23:47:51:

In Reply to: Advice on Beach Diving Regulator posted by Walt on January 19, 2005 at 20:55:51:

I use a DIN U.S. Divers Conshelf 21 with a HP80 for beach diving. The second stage comes apart easily to clean out sand. I do not need tools to open it, just pressing my palm onto it hard and rotating works.
It was my first regulator and has by far been the most reliable one I have had. It will take more abuse than any other reg I own. I bought it used from Dive n Surf, since they sell off their class regs every year.
I have also sometimes use a old Conshelf XIV which is the older metal version of the 21. It breaths just a touch better, but it is not easy to open up the second stage to get out sand.
Several years ago I picked up a used Aqualung Titan for my sister. I have not used it for beach diving but the way the second stage diaphram comes off without tools looks like a big plus for cleaning out sand.
I have many regulators, including many models of Scubapro, Posiedon, and U.S. Divers. But the old conshelf regulators are the ones I always use for beach diving, becasue they are just dirt relaible and handle massive amounts of abuse.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]