diver.net

Reflection

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kio on October 22, 2005 at 11:32:53:

This season (which is my first season), I rented the gear from Sports chalet four times and dove 4(0)-4(6)-5(10)-4(3) or total of 17 dives to catch 19 lobsters from 6 different locations ranging from Malaga cove to Deer canyon, all entering from the shore. Certainly, I went through various problems related to gear/gear handling, wave/surge, visibility, location/access, 'swatting', etc., etc. you name it.

There are still more to go through I am sure but hopefully I am better tuned in now than before.

BTW, since I dive alone, here is a question I should have asked earlier if anyone can respond:

Could you describe any dangerous situation you have encountered, and what lessons you have lerned from that? (Even a small incident will be a help.)

(BTW, this is not safety related, but still a point of learning: I learned to take off my fins in the shallow water so that I can walk better to get back to the beach some 20 years ago. Yesterday, it finally occurred me to do that. Funny that I forgot such a basic one.)

Thanks,
Kio

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to