diver.net

Re: Thugs?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on October 30, 2005 at 16:38:28:

In Reply to: Thugs? posted by Jeff Shaw on October 30, 2005 at 15:23:03:

Jeff,

if you arren't doing anything wrong, like myself, how do you think giving up your civil rights helps law enforcement?

Rights are like a frog in a pot of cold water, by the time the heat is lethal, it is too late.

I do sometimes like to co-opt the rhetoric lexicon of the radical left as parody and political satire....."jack booted thugs" first came on the popular politics radar screen when the NRA referred to the BATF as jack booted thugs....who had a penchant for violating the civil rights of citizens until they were finally partially reined in by the government. Referring to criminal goverment agents who violate the Constitution as "jack booted thugs" hardly qualifies as "bigotry":

" 1. A hypocrite; esp., a superstitious hypocrite. [Obs.]

2. A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of
religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or
opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable
or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is
intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in
politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to
his own church, party, belief, or opinion."

"One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

"A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own. The origin of the word in English dates back to at least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of religious hypocrite, especially a woman. Today, it is considered a synonym of narrow-minded. Bigot is often used as pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to his or her prejudices even when these prejudices are challenged or proven to be false, often engaging these prejudices in a rude and intolerant manner. Bigotry is not just intolerance, but rather extreme and unreasonable intolerance."

I obviously don't have a high regard for goverment agents violating mine or anyone elses civil rights, but when the DFG is not engaging in such crimes, I hold them and what they do in high regard.

Since it's inception, the counts of every game animal once DFG started regulating their take has increased......that is a good thing, lending anecdotal evidence that the DFG is needed and beneficial. Who here amongst us didn't want to beat the crap out of that Arab guy who speared Mr. BSB in Laguna Beach? Why can't they just do their jobs though in compliance with the Constitution? Is that too much to ask?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to