diver.net

Thugs?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Shaw on October 30, 2005 at 15:23:03:

In Reply to: Re: If you think you are winning points posted by Dave on October 30, 2005 at 11:40:42:

We need guys like Dave. Muck rakers and such. But the Thug remark is poor judgment.

We need people like me too. I cooperate with "LE" because it is the responsible thing to do. I am willing to shift my civil rights in favor of LE to provide the edge needed for crime fighting. Diving makes me specifically want to cooperate with F&G.

We don't need Dave to call to action unless there is a need.
Rosa Parks, Susan B Anthony, Mahatma Ghandi and our Founding Fathers all had one.

If there is chronic abuse, then we need to address it.
Here now we are spoiled. Every policeman I know (dozens) are intelligent and reasonable. Keeping in mind that I am respectful.

A friend of mine frequents Moscow on business. You keep cash on hand to tip the police when they pull you over. There are no plans to change the system.
Dave might visit Moscow. It really ain't so bad here.

Incidentally "Jack booted thugs" is a bigoted remark right up there with Kike, Nigger, Gook, Spick, Cracker... These were difficult words to type. Most people loath reading them as I did typing them. The thug remark should be this way as well. Especially since the noble group that it insults have at their core made an effort to improve society. They are not thugs.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to