diver.net

Greetings... and Questions!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CompuDude on April 07, 2006 at 02:27:09:

Hiya... new to this board, yet happy to find an active, [somewhat?] local board!

I'm not entirely new to diving, but I'm recently renewed my interest and am relatively new to cold water socal diving, but I intend to do as much as possible now that I'm (re-)hooked and finally own (most of) my own gear. (parentheticals will cease now...mostly)

Here's what I'm curious about: After reading through the board a bit, it seems like most of the active members are members of the Sea Divers dive club, and based in the Redondo Beach area? Anyone located more in the San Fernando Valley area? I live in Studio City, and need me a few dive buddies!

Second area of inquiry: Dive Pros aside, do most of you have super-flexible schedules that allow you to take off on mid-week dives on a whim? Or, how often do you blow wads of cash on boat dives... and are you wealthy or just truly that dedicated? Beach dives can be fun, but boat dives seem to be where it's at in the local waters, and that means easily $70-100 a trip, if not more. (Not complaining... I did a 2-day on the Peace in March that was fantastic... if cold... and worth every penny of the $300, but as much as I'd like to, I can't very well do that every weekend!) So what's a heavily-addicted dive nut to do? Other than hang out on web BBS systems, wishing I was underwater, that is...

-CD

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.