|Re: Can somebody explain the mechanics of what SC has done?|
Posted by MHK on June 27, 2007 at 17:59:23:|
In Reply to: Can somebody explain the mechanics of what SC has done? posted by msblucow on June 27, 2007 at 16:57:51:
No one with 1st hand knowledge of the specifics would be well served by commenting publicly. These boat owners are still in discussion(s) with Sport Chalet and if there is even a remote chance of getting the business back they need it, so posting specifics publicly wouldn't necessarily serve their interest.
It's up to us to help keep the issue in the forefront and help support our local boats.
The facts are as follows:
1) Sport Chalet entered into a series of agreements with a variety of boats prior to the end of 2006 for the 2007 diving year;
2) Sport Chalet secured the most desireable dates and the boats saved those dates per the agreement;
3) Now in the middle of the dive year, Chris Robinson of Sport Chalet had a series of meeting with some of the boat owners and presented a "take it of leave it" reduction in fees;
4) Sport Chalet knowingly violated the agreement(s), presumably under the misguided idea that the boats would be forced to acquiesce to his demands;
5) Moreover, Sport Chalet can very well afford and sustain the litigation costs and short term losses presented under this breach of contract. The boats are much smaller and are certainly not in the same financial league as the publicly traded corporate giant.
It's shameful and disgraceful and we should boycott anything and everything Sport Chalet.
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.