Warning to San Diego Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jennifer on April 24, 2000 at 19:04:21:

I wanted to take this opportunity to inform you on my experiences with the dive charter company Dive Connections Inc.

On April 21, 2000, a friend and myself had reserved a trip to the Coronado Islands. About half way to the islands, we had to turn around due to inclement weather and the dive was cancelled. This I understand.

What I still fail to understand was Dive Connections Inc. keeping our money for services that we feel were not fullfilled. We were given a "rain check" instead. Not being from the area, this was not a viable option for us and we explained this, which apparently did not make any difference to the operator. He was paid and had no intentions on refunding the money. We would have been more than happy to give a portion of that fee for the fuel spent going half way to the island, but in no way can it be justified to take all of our money.

When we returned home, we checked the website www.gottadive.com for any mention of their non-refund policy, there wasn't any. Had there been, we would have definitely gone with a different charter.

I hope this posting prevents others from this same disappointing experience.

Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]