Re: I think you're right on point....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on August 09, 2000 at 06:39:05:

In Reply to: Re: I think you're right on point.... posted by Jason on August 09, 2000 at 01:29:34:

Jason wrote: "MSblucow, let me go out on a limb and guess that you don't have an M endorsement on your license. You know as much about riding as Dick Floyd, the legislator that proposed and passed
the lid law, using many lies to do so. IOW, nothing."

My best friend is an EMT and in contrast to what you stated further down in your post, where you wrote, "I really don't care about EMTs. It's their job. I'm sure they spend far more time dealing with the remains of drunk drivers, and grossly unfit people suffering from heart attacks." No it's "not his job". He's an unpaid volunteer. In fact, many EMTs in LA County are unpaid volunteers. Why do they do it? Because they want to help people. Even people stupid enough to go out riding without their helmets (Oh, and by the way, not to make too fine a point of it, did you know that EMTs have a nickname for motorcycles - "murdercycles"?).

Anyway, Jason, you've done a wonderful job of completely and totally going off-topic, which is this: If you're going to do something recreational that involves a certain amount of danger, and where the outcome is sure to affect more than your own selfish little life, just have some common sense. Try to practice a little responsibility and have respect both for yourself and those who love you, (or at least have to deal with you). It's not something that you can legislate, it's not something you can impose, but in this 'personal-rights' crazed society, it's not too much to ask for.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]