Open Letter to MHK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 03, 2000 at 15:04:23:

Mike,
Your posts on this BBS have been informative and sometimes amusing. If you decide to leave, you will be missed. Many divers have picked up a few helpful tips from you, including me. However, your personal attack on a fellow board member on October 25 on the techdiver board was reprehensible. It brought back bad memories of the old MHK, who spewed the same garbage as George Irvine that ruined any chance at getting your message across.
While I disagree with some of your posts, particularly the ones advocating the requirement of Nitrox for the Yukon and your idea of what "solo" means, I have learned from you. As for the Yukon, How would requiring Nitrox reduce the risk of deaths? The boats that take divers to the Andrea Doria require the correct gases, equipment and certification for the dive, yet there has been a rash of deaths there the past few years. Divers are human and we make mistakes. Unfortunately, those mistakes are often times fatal. I'd be willing to bet there are no death certificates that list the cause of death as diving without a buddy. As for "independant" diving, I think you have been diving DIR so long that you forgot how many independant divers are out there.
You have been flamed quite a bit here in the last two days, but they are not "undeserved hits" as DAN would say.
Let's get back to discussing diving and if you want to bring up someone's substance problems, I suggest you subscribe to rec.baseball so you can pick on Darryl Strawberry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]