Re: The view from here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 04, 2001 at 15:15:10:

In Reply to: The view from here posted by Wayne on January 04, 2001 at 12:56:16:

Wayne,

In all candor I'm not sure what I can do about the acronym. As I pointed out in an earlier post it was an off the cuff comment that George made that has stuck, for better or worse..

BTW, does it offend anyone that IANTD calls it's diving philosophy DIC ( Doing It Correctly )??? If so, where is the resulting firestorm and backlash???

If you aren't doing it correctly, you must be doing it incorrectly.. Why isn't anyone so offended by IANTD's approach???

But more importantly, who really cares what it's called???? And if I'm understanding the counter arguement correctly, it's that there is a recognition that DIR has significant benefits affiliated with it, but because it's called DIR you'll ignore the advances in safety...

That seems quite self-defeating to me...

But the all or nothing approach simply speaks to the notion that the system has been put together in painstaking detail with everything added or omitted for a reason and by altering it you disturbe the balance.. In so doing you need to compensate for the alteration and thus defeat the underlying infastructure..

But what I'm curious about is what do you want to alter and why???? Could you not accomplish the same desired goal using DIR???

I keep asking to go line by line and let's discuss specifics but I keep getting back generalities.. What would you add/delete and why???

This thread has been very good and I'm sorry that I'm leaving tomorrow for 10 days, hopefully we can exchange as much info as possible before I leave or maybe we can pick this up when I get back...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]