delete these for a start

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on January 04, 2001 at 16:06:11:

In Reply to: Re: The view from here posted by MHK on January 04, 2001 at 15:15:10:

The BC increases drag ... eliminating it increases mobility ... there is no need for one if you are properly weighted.

The long hose and octopus are not needed if you dive alone. They add equipment which increases drag and increases the opportunity for snags in the kelp and other things.

I own Dive-Rite back plates, however I find the old fashioned back pack is superior for single tank diving. The tank sits closer to my back, and it is a more streamlined configuration. I do use my back plate and wings when I dive with doubles, and I have used it with single tanks.

These are some of the points do not work for me.
What works for me, may not be ideal for you or another person.
Likewise, the DIR configuration is not appropriate for all divers or dive situations.

I know the way I dive is not appropriate for everyone, and I do not try to tell other people they should dive like me. I beleive people should dive in any safe manner they enjoy, because enjoyment is the reason people dive.
Just because you have invested so much of your time and energy attempting to proselytize the gospel according to Irvine, does not make it right for everyone.
You seem to constantly condemn the way I dive as inherently unsafe. However, since you have never tried it, you have no basis to reach any such conclusions. I suspect the reasons you you refuse to try a dive sans BC is you lack the skills to do so.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]