Computers: a final word...I hope!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on January 16, 2001 at 16:58:25:

I began diving with a computer in 1986. It was the EDGE. Next was a SKINNY DIPPER/MARATHON I won on a Chamber Day raffle. Next was a SUUNTO SOLUTION I bought for its longer life battery. And finally, I bought a NiTek3 so I could switch gas mixes under water. Not once in nearly 2,000 hours of bottom time since then in every major body of water in the world, to a max depth of 180 fsw, has any of them malfunctioned, nor have I ever been bent. Could they fail in the future? Of course, but I could also possibly get hit by lightening, so should I go throught the rest of my life wearing a lightening rod? Maybe that's a shaky analogy but I hope you get the intention. So why should I spend the time, energy, and expense to become a human computer instead of relying on the one on my wrist and the backup on my console? I enjoy diving with a computer. I would not enjoy spending my time underwater as a human calculator, and since enjoyment is the name of the game...if you're still anti-computer by the time you've read this far, please convince me otherwise. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]