I agree it was a cool sighting. I wish I had been there...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on April 05, 2001 at 00:32:13:

In Reply to: Re: I think this is a picture of Nessie. And you all see so much! posted by kelphead on April 04, 2001 at 21:45:54:

I wish I had been there and seen it. With my luck I would have been playing with some stupid starfish and only heard about it after getting on board. I always miss the good stuff.

But if I came face to snout... I wonder how I would have reacted. My thoughts are that the screaming of the regulator (and collapsing of the cylinder) as I sucked in my "last gasp" of air would have frightened him away. And then I would have inhaled the little doohickies on the mouthpiece that I would have bitten off. Then I would be hospitalized for collapsed lungs caused by inhaling those little rubber plugs. I can hear them now. "He is in here from scuba diving injuries. It was something to do with an attack Shark -- or Panic, or something."

Still it would be a great story to tell.

And since the boat is delayed again, all I can do is retell my sea stories. Today it failed its sea trial with a power steering cylinder failure. Maybe it is destined to become an artificial reef for the CA Wreck divers to strip, er, uh, recover. Yea that's it, recover and preserve.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]