Re: Wet Suit diving with a Steel Tank

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 20, 2001 at 11:41:29:

In Reply to: Re: Wet Suit diving with a Steel Tank posted by Steve on April 20, 2001 at 10:28:44:

Steve,

In all fairness follow this thread and see who started the swearing first... It pisses me off when idiots like Chris and Seahunt get on here and swear left and right and spew utter nonsense and then we get the blame...

Anyway that aside, I didn't see any profanity in George's post..

In reality I sent George your post because I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.. If you ever follow George's posts by comparison this one was kind..

From my perspective they way I see this is that why worry about the math of any given tank, wetsuit etc, etc, etc, and then have to recalculate every time you switch a tank or something?????

I don't see how much is gained by using a steel tank with a wetsuit when in principle the use of an alternative lift device ( ie; drysuit) makes so much sense...

When you boil it all down it seems to me that if I'm at 100', or whatever depth, and I loose my inflation source I don't want to have to worry IF I'm going to be able to surface. Could you??? Probably.. But there chances of a C02 buildup and/or the inability to surface is a possibility that I don't have to worry about..

I try to reduce my risk before I get into the water and not worry about IF some solution will work. I eliminate the problem before I get in the water so it's a moot point...

When George talks about * someone getting it* I think the principle that he and I share is that we both share a view of eliminating as many potential issues as possible before we get into the water and as such we are better equipped to handle something that can in fact go wrong.. In the simpliest of mathematical terms, by reducing the amount of variables you limit the number of solutions....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]