Re: Very good... :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on May 03, 2001 at 21:49:12:

In Reply to: Re: Very good... :) posted by MHK on May 03, 2001 at 18:02:26:

So you unloaded on me for a misunderstanding. I have learned, for myself, to always work to avoid that blow it.

>Just curious what the dive would be. I never was much into wrecks though. Did anybody actually put the depth of the Moody, in feet, yet?
--Does that sound like I am offering expert advice? If so, it should be OK, cuz I did a real good job of disqualifying myself.

Anyway, as far as it goes, the idea of training and rigging for technical dives does have a certain appeal. I always have to wonder, is there something down there just a bit farther out of other divers reach. In the past though, I have felt that it just automatically moved me into a more dangerous zone for very small returns. There is just very little deep diving to be done in CA and really, there is not much to see that I am interested in much past practical air depths. If I were 20 years younger and looking forward to diving every week or every other week, maybe. I have many other things on my mind these days and many other obligations. I would still always remain a hunter.

Per the lower post...
My questions, never answered after the demo, is do you use a recording depth
guage to do it... and do you then plug the value into a surface computer for
calculations.

>I posted this answer several times!!!!!!

--Never in response to me. Never where I saw it. Look at my post after the demo. Did you answer my questions? Noooo. You jumped me. If you posted it, why didn't you tell me about it before the demo??? I called you a BS artist many times to try to get that info. Then I went to the demo for it. Remember, you said you couldn't explain it on the web. There are still some practical problems I see to your method, but at least you do have a method.

>This isn't a complicated thing to do since if you are using proper trim your hands are right in front of you anyway so all you need to do is glance at your wrist..
Not when swimming tight on/in a reef. You describe swimming like you would in open water, say like a plane. I swim like a helicopter and am usually touching something. I like to brachiate. It gives great speed and combines locomotion between legs and arms... Some people do dive differnently from you. Remember, the hunters are out there racing each other.

I hate to admit it, but am glad to see that JW has been making some excellent posts, as a good instructor should. I even think he used a spell checker.

I dunno. With this last thread and your interpretation of what I said, I can see that anything is possible. Maybe you feel a non-DIR opinion is a personal attack on you, but look at it and just count how many times other people use the word stupid, then count how many times you use it.... Then go diving.
Enjoy, seahunt

M) We have already had too many deaths at the Moody;
>You have a problem with that. Not me.
--and you said words to the effect that they weren't enough..
I advise that you never get a job as a translator.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]