Re: Oh Creative One

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on May 15, 2001 at 21:50:56:

In Reply to: Re: Oh Creative One posted by seasnake on May 15, 2001 at 17:36:35:

I was going to ask if you had ever looked at my website. It's one of the larger diving websites and quite original. Check it out, you might like it. www.diver.net/seahunt
As for your question... Well, you're getting into the philosophical realm far enough that you can claim what you like. Hey we're all human, so no one is original. I can say the same thing except that no one has the same genetic makeup, so we are all unique. Same position, totally different conclusions. What do you perceive?
You say we are the sum of our experiences and go on to suggest that no experiences are new. Talk to a person who has looked down from space and they will disagree.
Back to your philosophy. You say that our experiences make us all the same. Most people say that our experiecnes make us all unique. Opinions, but yours is a minority.
I could give various examples from the dive side of my web site, but instead, I'll give you a thought from the other side.
www.diver.net/seahunt/p/files/p_summary.htm
www.diver.net/seahunt/p/files/p_rac.htm
are 2 essays that summarize my .... hobby. Now, I have clearly stated that much of the work was based on what Darlington said, but it also draws from Watson and Crick as well as others. Now look at those essays (the second one is shorter and is actually more mine). Have you ever seen that idea before. Not only that, but I doubt that Darlington, Watson, Crick or pretty much any other researchers would have put those parts together to create the completely new idea that I created from them. It's a new and very powerful idea. There are ideas under it, but the creators of those ideas would find what I created to be quite novel.
Now that's all from my prespective. How about some other ideas. there are some incredible new things going on.... I really think you should get out more. Consider nanonics, the internet, biotechnology, those high speed torpedos..... the list goes on and on and on. This is the most creative time in history. If you missed that, where were you. If you think those are old ideas, tell me the source. I know my literature back to Verne, Stapelton, E E Smith and many other visionaries that created modern ideas. Those were new then, but there are a lot of other ideas that are new now... and I just mentioned science let alone the arts and humanities.
No snake. there are a lot of brand new things under the sun and many unique creative individuals. You talk a strange type of nihlism (?) that I just don't see. I think you miss a lot.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]