Re: I think you are missing the point

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 06, 2001 at 10:23:52:

In Reply to: I think you are missing the point posted by Wayne on June 05, 2001 at 17:35:48:

Wayne,

One last point about the Seahunt overweighting issue, let's be clear about something here, this is simply another version of verbal gymnastics and lingusitic torture which is why I ignore his defenses..

According to Seahunt's own words, he dives with so much weight that he can not stop swimming during a dive or he will sink.. He then later retracted his words to suggest that he doesn't dive overweighted but simply dives with more weight than he needs...

I have no clue what the difference is but if a diver has so much weight on that he needs to kick the entire dive or he'll sink, that no matter what language he speaks in planet Seahunt, that is diving overweighted and I simply will not play these games of language torture...

Some notable quatoes from this list that seem to defy common sense that have gotten more air time then necessary:

He wasn't solo, he was simply buddyless....

Just because she had 3000 dives doesn't mean she was experienced....

I don't dive overweighted I just dive with more weight than I need...

and on and on and on...

This is simply another way to misdirect the issue...

If you need to continually exert yourself by constantly swimming to keep off the ocean floor or sinking into oblivion than you are overweighted, plain and simple.. It is those kind of innefficiences that need to be pointed out...

Any system that incorporates this type of thinking is fundamentally flawed from the get go, which is why he misdirects the issue...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]