Re: support

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nate on June 27, 2001 at 19:10:28:

In Reply to: Re: support posted by MHK on June 27, 2001 at 15:50:27:

Aside from dodging the issue of when you use support ;-).

Decoplanner from GUE uses Erik Baker's GF'd Buhlman, just like most everything else on the market, except I think Abysmal and allegedly the Suunto Vyper (I have one, and I'm not so sure I believe that it is actually RGBM from the profiles it gives me). Check out

http://www.gue.com/decoplanner/index.shtml

and search for the word Buhlman if you don't believe me ;-).

I've read some of Wienke's books, and certainly anecdotal evidence suggests he is closer to right than Buhlman was, but his stuff is not yet into as wide use as modified Buhlman. Since GUE doesn't have a VPM or RGBM solution out, I don't know why you think GUE is doing a better job with this stuff. Even NAUI Tech has RGBM tables, why is GUE so far behind the mainstream agencies? ;-) (just kidding, please don't shoot).

Maybe he really did have a heart attack. My reading is that the drysuit problems could have been "constriction" or "discomfort" related which are signs of a heart attack. Really pointless to speculate until/if somebody makes the coroners report available.

And as far as the buddy stuff goes. If his fiancee didn't save him let's not pretend anyone else here would have, at least not until complete facts are available. Then we can all talk about what heroes we would have been if we were there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]