Heres a good PADI read

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff B on July 26, 2001 at 12:44:23:

http://www.scubadiving.com/feature/news/71801prodivetecrec.shtml

Note this paragraph;
"DSAT also designed the Apprentice Tec Diver course (a sub-course within the Tec Deep Diver course) that will be offered by Pro Dive as well. Apprentice Tec is intended to fill the gap for fairly experienced divers who do not yet meet the prerequisites needed to move into technical deep diving, but who wish to begin developing the skills and knowledge involved. This program provides an intermediate certification and opens the door for some divers to begin training with less demanding prerequisites than for the Tec Deep Diver course."

Cool, If I give them more money I get me a new card and I dont have to meet such stringent requirments anymore! Perfect!

Then theres this one;
" Richard Hartley, PADI Course Director and Pro Dive's Director of Training, commented, "What makes Pro Dive an ideal location for this type of training is the diversity of our dive sites. The DSAT program calls for shallower initial training dives followed by progressively deeper sites, all of which are located right here in our own backyard. While Fort Lauderdale offers superior recreational wreck dives, the abundance of deep technical wrecks are extremely interesting and challenging. These wrecks are in the 160 to 220 foot range and were previously inaccessible to recreational divers. TecRec training is deep, dark and demanding--exactly the kind of diving I enjoy."

So my card gets me 160 to 220fsw, on AIR! Awsome, I'll be a stud in no time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]