Jim, I respect and ask for your opinion...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cabo on September 05, 2001 at 10:47:48:

In Reply to: They Just Don't Get It posted by Jim Hoffmann on September 05, 2001 at 08:09:14:

on Pony bottles (NOT SPARE despAIR). I like the bail option specially if diving single tank where an OOA is quite possible. I recently sent a diver into the water with my gear w/o pony and the primary hose came undone (I leave it hand-tight and neglected to inform the user! Way my BAD) a lot of air is lost there and as we know this does not always happen at the start of a dive w/full tank! Later I found my fancy Italian Reg (still like em) had a serious leak at the low press swivel TOO! He was in shallow water and an experienced diver (would not have loaned otherwise!) so there was no panic but as much as it was funny it also gave me a knot in my stomach thinking what could occurr without redundant source. MHK, there is no doubt I respect YOUR opinion and yes being prepared is a better solution but I have to say this is a Universe built in "Chaos" and s*** happens, I try to cover my butt with some devices now and then because my brain is not always focused on the dive somtimes I see pretty fish and lose that focus (I inhaled a lot of "Agent Orange" in Nam).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]