We haven't learned from our mistakes.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on September 05, 2001 at 16:19:44:

In Reply to: Some thoughts after the latest tragedy posted by MHK on September 05, 2001 at 15:48:41:

We haven't learned from our mistakes.

Does anybody remember AquaCorp ? A great mag, I used to drool over the pictures. They always had an "Incidents and Accidents" section detailing all the near misses and "epics" that occured recently. It was the beginning of technical divers playing the proverbial "What If ?" game.

What occured at Farnsworth recently ( and the other fatalities this year ) could have been avoided if we just try to learn from our mistakes.

The recent Farnsworth epsiode is an exact re-inactment of the USS Moddy tradegy that took my friend and his son.

I haven't been posting much lately because I am getting sick to my stomach reading some of the posts. People are arguing about what MAY HAVE OCCURED, WHAT MAY HAVE PREVENTED THE DEATH, and then they stroke away with dangerous advice. I hope everyone, especially the newer divers, can recognize dangerous diving advice and opinions when they read it.

We still haven't learned from our mistakes, and that is sad.

I am gearing up for about 12 to 14 hours of salvage work over at San Click. Rust report on Monday.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]