Re: wow, just like in the movie The Great Santini !

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Grunt on September 14, 2001 at 16:07:34:

In Reply to: wow, just like in the movie The Great Santini ! posted by Karl S. on September 14, 2001 at 09:03:37:

Lets see... a story huh? hmmmmm, How about the time we (3 Marines providing security, 1 Marine Forward Observer, 1 Field Radio Operator and our most precious Corpsman, using real life, bubble free and silent, closed circuit rebreathers)ditched our special 2 bladder raft, made our hat for the shore thru the surf, past enemy positions, retrieved a PRC 35, and commenced to call in Naval Gunfire and bring death and destruction upon a North Vietnamese regimental position then when the smoke cleared and the last screams subsided, we (Marines)slipped silently back into the surf, relocated and doned our gear, relocated (by really neat navigation techniques)and inflated and surfaced our submerged raft (not to be confused with a lift bag chore) and made our didi back to our transport pick up point. You see, in my Marine Corps, it was not our job to die for our country, it was our job to see that our enemy died for his. Business was good. Or, how about the time... Well nevermind, we'll save that for another time. I am an instructor and my Navigation Specialty classes are to die for. Perhaps even you would be able to find your point of entry, your ditched gear and your raft with my class... Couldn't guarantee a successful exit though. Mine yes, yours... not so sure. (excuse any spelling errors, the damned kids these days are outcome based educated, again I appologize)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]