Re: Just a couple of things:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 07, 2001 at 13:56:47:

In Reply to: Re: Just a couple of things: posted by SLANG on November 07, 2001 at 12:29:54:

Given that I have done the ace 1 on many occassions, and given that this is a hypothetical of what I would have done if I were someone else and that you all very clearly understand that I would use a helium based mix if it were me, I would have limited the dive to 120' and lived with the P02 of 1.48.. I don't really think that .08 of a PP02 increase is significantly more dangerous then doing this dive on air, with no deco gas and violating NDL limit's..

That being said, I wouldn't be in that position in the first place because I'll never be on a boat with a shop that mandates the use of improper, or less efficient, gases.. Period, end of sentenace... The last thing I would want is to be sitting in a chamber for several hours because I allowed someone else's ignorance to control my diving..

As far as Marta being bent, you are correct I'm assuming she was which formed the basis of my analysis and since I wasn't there and I hold Dr. Sipsey and the Chamber in such high regard I moved forward under that assumption..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]