Court case verdict

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob (the short lobster guy) on December 17, 2001 at 16:45:41:

OK Guys & Girls..before you all keep smacking me with the "bleedin bonita" I would like to describe why I went to court in the first place..I'm just a guy who didn't finish high school, but raised two kids and beleives in principle..like volunteering for military duty and telling my kids it's pride in your country to face the enemy even if you don't understand why your government is sending you....I also believe in fair play..that's why I'm not big on tthe legal system..they seem to go for technicalities rather than whats real..However it's better than not having anything..So I went to court without a lawyer because I new my lobster was 3 1/4"...and if I was short then the F&G guy should have let me watch as he took the photo, so I could see how he was measuring and that it really was my lobster picture going to court..(Theirs a nasty rumour that these underpaid and understaffed fellows gathered up a bunch of lobsters for their own party).. After 3 visits and some ridicule by the judge for not having a laywer and being told that I would have to pay for the Jury..I went to court prepared to ask for clear evidence that the picture was of my lobster and where exactly was the beginning of the F&G guage. I also tried to find out where these officers get the guage they use because I was unable to find a store that sells one that is rounded on the inside like the one in the picture..this obviously gives the F&G guys a chance to push the end of the guage under the eyes and get an extra 1/6" on the backside. Heres the end of the story...after being TRAILED as the judge puts it..which means they kept putting my case back hopping the F&G guy would show up..(can you imagine them trailing for me if I was late!!!) The DA finally had the case DISMISSED..so I didn't win or even get an appology...just told that after all my work, the case was just going to fade away... Thanks for all of your comments..some good..some tough..I'm still proud to be a Diver..

Thanks everyone

Bob

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]