Brad you really don't want to start this again with me- do you?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Finfan on October 26, 2002 at 09:12:17:

In Reply to: I am 100% in support of your boycot! posted by Brad on October 25, 2002 at 19:36:06:

H*ll, I gave away my photo equipment a long time ago (probably way before you ever gave away your fishing gear). The pictures never did taste as good as a nice plate of sauteed scallops or flame grilled halibut.

You still don't get it, do you. It doesn't bother you in the least that only two people (that's right it was a vote of two to one)affected all the rest of us (fishermen or photo nuts). If you honestly think this was about the fishery than you really need to wake up. This was all about politics, it might have a long time ago started out about a decline in the fishery, but it ended up being nothing more than a political battle.

Bradley have you ever stopped to ask yourself why the pro side lead bio guy came from Oregon. You ever wondered why they didn't have a California bio leading the cause. Last I looked the only real oceangraphic institute on the West Coast makes it's home down in San Diego. Maybe if you could for once put your own self interests aside (like you are so fond of accussing others as having not done), you might start to question why no one from Scripps was beating the band wagon for the Gov's cause. Seems to me that the folks from Scripps that live in the So Cal Bight area would tend to have a little more knowledge than that of a bio from Oregon whose coastline doesn't add up a fraction of California (h*ll, there's probably more coastline in the channel islands than Oregon has). Our last go round, you were so quick of labeling any scientific study not supporting the reserves of being nothing more than a paid for answer. What's your opinion of the Oregon bio work? Be careful, I told you before the only thing worst than an extremist is a hypocrite. And yes, Brad that is a trick question. I know it's unfair of me to pick on the weak.

Fortunately for me, I have my own boat and I guess I will just have to change hunting grounds. Looks like I'll have to become more familar with nic and san clemente. Hey, you had some great shots of some lobster. Care to share the GPS coordinates on those? Never mind, now that I can't hunt in the channels, I'll have plenty of time to search them out on my own. Better hurry out and get your final shots, my frig would suggest that I can be pretty successful at finding them on my own.

Got to go, were making up a big batch of rockfish ceviche to serve at our Halloween party tonight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]